Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Welcome to the Cincinnati Zoo

5-8-13
 
 
 


 
What a wonderful place to explore for the day and learn about all kinds of amazing creatures. It was a gorgeous 84 degree day in May. Sunny and humid. The cost to get in was $14.00. per adult. Parking was $8.00. My friend Sara and I had Skyline Chili www.skylinechili.com for lunch at the snack bar.(Had to mention that, a Cinci staple!)
My favorite exhibit was the Polar Bears. The bears are so big, yet easy going and very funny. Their habitat was well designed in that you could watch them play above ground as well as see them swim below the water. (See video above.)
 
I want to share with you some of the great pictures that I took that day. I also want to encourage you to visit this fabulous zoo. It is ranked number 6 in a list of top zoos in the country by http://www.americasbestonline.net/index.php/pages/bestzoos.html
 

 
 
                                               If you get this, you're AWESOME!
 
 
 
 
My beautiful friend Sara  
 
 


















 
"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."         
                                                                                                                                     Chief Seattle


I sincerely hope you enjoyed this small adventure of  mine. Please feel free to comet and tell me if you have ever been here. What was your experience like? What was your favorite animal exhibit?

Stay tuned for more Travel Kwest!
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. You are making me so homesick but I am so happy you got to experience my home state. Love you and miss you! Lisa

    ReplyDelete